Headphones are not a new invention. They’ve been around for decades. In fact, the first set of headphones was invented more than a hundred years ago. While the look has not changed much, the technology behind them has evolved a lot.
For example, wireless headphones were widely used as far back as the 1960s. Back then, you could listen to music on the radio, but the “Walkman” was developed in the late 1970s to enable listening to your own music library via cassette tapes. Today, wireless headphones are so popular that most recent smartphone launches don’t come with a headphone jack.
Headphones are not meant only for smartphones, though; you can connect to many other electronic devices such as tablets, PCs, game consoles, and TVs. Samsung TVs are popular because they produce vivid and rich crystal-clear pictures and sound. However, many times you don’t want other people in the room or house to hear what you want or like.
It’s where the headphones are useful. If you own a Samsung TV and want to listen via Bluetooth headphones, you’ve come to the right place, but please make sure your Samsung TV has Bluetooth capability for the connection to work.
This post will guide you on connecting wireless headphones to Samsung TVs.
To connect Bluetooth headphones to a Samsung TV, you need a TV that supports Bluetooth connectivity. Most modern Samsung TVs feature Bluetooth.
If you have an old TV without Bluetooth, you can still connect Bluetooth headphones to it, but you will need an additional piece of equipment called a Bluetooth audio transmitter (aka Bluetooth adapter).
To connect Bluetooth headphones to your TV, you need to put your headphones in pairing mode first. The procedure is different for different headphone models, but you usually have to press and hold the pairing (or Bluetooth) button to engage pairing mode. After engaging pairing mode on your headphones, grab your remote and follow this path: Menu > Settings > Sound > Sound Output > Bluetooth Speaker List > select your headphones > Pair and Connect
CONNECTING BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES TO YOUR SAMSUNG TV
Here are the steps to connect your wireless headphones to your Samsung TV:
- The first thing you are going to do is take your Samsung TV remote and hit the Home button.
- Go to the left where the Menu is, press the Settings button, and hit Enter.
- Next, you will see a few options. You will need to choose the Sound button.
- Then, hit the Sound Output option. The default setup is the TV Speaker.
- You are going to choose the Bluetooth Speaker List and hit Enter.
- Your Samsung TV will search for available Bluetooth speakers around, and it may take a while before you can see the list.
- When the list comes out, find your wireless headphone name, which states that it needs pairing, and hit the Enter button.
- A message “Pair and Connect” appears, and you need to hit the Enter button again.
- Lastly, hit the Close button to start connecting and listening to the TV audio via your wireless headphones.
How to Pair Bluetooth headphones with a Samsung TV
CONNECTING WIRELESS EARBUDS TO A SAMSUNG TV
Wireless earbuds are something that people on the move would not want to miss. These tiny devices that you stick in your ears are so easy to carry around, whether in your ear, your pocket, or in a sling pouch.
Follow these steps to connect them to your Samsung TV. It’s not much different from connecting headphones:
- Keep the earbuds in the case. Make sure the correct side is placed in the right slot (Look at the small marks; R for right, and L for left.)
- Open the earbud case. Enter pairing mode with the TV.
- Go to Settings > Sound > Sound Output > Device List.
- Find your Earbuds name and select it to start pairing.
- Your earbuds are now connected to the Samsung TV.
- To stop pairing, you must place the earbuds back in the case and close it.
Pairing Wireless Earbuds (Galax Buds) with your Samsung TV.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Question: Is it possible to connect any kind or brand of Bluetooth headphones to your smart Samsung TV?
Answer: Yes, you can connect not only any kind of Bluetooth headphones but also various other Bluetooth devices such as speakers, game consoles, and keyboards. However, it can only work if your Samsung TV has Bluetooth capability.
Question: How can I listen to my Samsung TV audio via my headphones?
Answer: You can get your Samsung TV sound on your headphones using the following method:
- Look for the pairing button on your Bluetooth headphones, and press and hold it.
- When your Samsung TV is switched on, hit the remote’s Home button.
- Navigate to Settings and Sound Output.
- Find your headphones on the Bluetooth device list and hit OK.
- Now you can listen to your Samsung TV on your headphones.
Question: My Bluetooth headphones cannot pair with my Samsung TV. What should I do?
Answer: There are many reasons why you cannot pair your Bluetooth headphones. If that happens, try to repeat the connection process:
- Go back to the TV Settings menu.
- Select Sound > Sound Output.
- If everything is ok, you should see your Bluetooth headphones on the list of Bluetooth t devices. If not, your TV may not have Bluetooth capability. You can double-check it by consulting the TV’s user manual.
Question: Do all Samsung smart TVs have Bluetooth?
Answer: No, not necessarily. Recent models should all have embedded Bluetooth, but older models might not have it. However, don’t dump your Bluetooth-less Samsung TV yet. You can still connect your Bluetooth headphones or earbuds via a third-party device called a Bluetooth audio transmitter. The device is cheaply available on various eCommerce platforms.
Question: I tried to connect my Bluetooth headphones, but it didn’t work. What should I do?
Answer: Try to reset your Bluetooth headphones and forget all previous connections. Furthermore, try resetting the Bluetooth connection on your TV.
Like it or not, using wireless headphones is a necessity these days. Since the pandemic began, more and more people have been using wireless headphones and earbuds, not only for pleasure but also for work and school. While working and schooling from home, they don’t want the sound to disturb other family members. In addition, new technology, like the noise canceling feature, makes it easier to concentrate on work or study.
Connecting wireless headphones to screen devices like laptops, PC, and TVs is not as difficult as it sounds. By following the simple steps explained in this guide, you can quickly connect any wireless headphones to any Samsung TV in just a few minutes.