Airpods are already in the third generation, and there are also high-end earbuds, Airpods Pro, and Airpods Max headphones. All these Apple devices work wonderfully and connect seamlessly within the Apple ecosystem.
So, if someone asked how to connect AirPods to Samsung TV, you might be wondering if the two different brands are compatible in the first place. We know that Apple and Samsung are two of the biggest IT and technology companies, and they always rival each other and try to keep their customers within their platforms.
However, in the current situation, everything seems to be interconnected with each other, and no single company, large or not, can stick to its own system anymore. Apple has recently opened up to the market, and there are ways to connect Apple devices to other systems.
You can easily connect iPhone, iPad, iMac, and other Apple devices to devices from different brands such as Samsung, LG, Sony, and multiple Android devices. In this post, we will show how to connect AirPods to Samsung TV.
What Are AirPods?
First introduced in 2016, the latest installation is the third generation AirPods, with Apple still selling the second generation launched in 2019. While small and lightweight, the AirPods are earbuds with incredible capabilities. The most prominent enhancement of the current models is its ability to produce what Apple calls spatial audio.
It’s a kind of 360° sound pattern that gives a more immersive experience when watching videos and movies. The best thing is that you can use it with Apple devices and devices from other brands as long as you have Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
Introducing Apple AirPods
Connecting AirPods To Samsung TV
Although these two devices come from different brands, connecting them is not necessarily challenging. However, the downside is you cannot use Apple Siri. Here is a simple step-by-step guide to connecting Airpods to Samsung TV:
- Make the two devices ready by placing them within a pretty close distance.
- Take the Samsung TV remote and navigate the cursor to the Settings button at the bottom-left of the TV screen. Tap on the Settings button.
- From the menu, press Sound.
- Then, select Sound Output – the TV speaker’s current setting, of course.
- There are two other options – Optical and Bluetooth Speaker List. Choose the last option – Bluetooth Speaker List.
- While the Samsung TV starts searching for Bluetooth speaker devices, pick up your Airpods, and you can see the green light at the front of the case.
- Now, press the round button at the back of your AirPods case, and wait for the light to turn to blinking white.
- In the meantime, your AirPods will pop up on the TV screen, and you will see the status: “Needs pairing.” Press OK on the remote.
- Wait until you see “Pair and connect” and press OK.
- When it says Airpods is connected, press OK again.
- Now, you have changed the sound setting to AirPods.
- Close the Bluetooth Speaker List screen.
- You’re back to the Sound Output screen, and you can see the AirPods icon on the left and active vertical soundbars on the right.
How to Connect Airpods to a Samsung TV
Troubleshooting Airpods Not Connecting to Samsung TV
Sometimes it takes time for your AirPods to connect to Samsung TV after you have followed the steps above. But what you don’t want to happen is that the AirPods won’t connect. If you encounter such a problem, you may want to try doing the following troubleshooting tips:
- Turn off Bluetooth on your Samsung TV.
- Your AirPods will go off pairing mode.
- After a few seconds, repeat the pairing process mentioned above and remember to reactivate Bluetooth on your Samsung TV.
- Select your AirPods again and see if it works this time. The restarting process may remove process bugs and allow pairing.
- If it still doesn’t work, try restarting your Samsung TV altogether and repeat the pairing process.
Connecting AirPods to Old Samsung TV with no Bluetooth
Yes, we know that most, if not all, modern networking and electronic devices have embedded Bluetooth. However, you may be surprised that many homes still use old home entertainment devices, including old TVs.
Did you know you can still connect AirPods to your Bluetooth-less old Samsung TV (or any other TVs and devices without Bluetooth)? All you need to do is buy a Bluetooth transmitter for your TV, also known as a Bluetooth adapter or Bluetooth dongle.
The lack of Bluetooth doesn’t mean you cannot connect your TV or other old devices to modern and the latest electronic gadgets such as AirPods. Your old devices typically have RCA audio/video jack. Your Bluetooth transmitter comes with an RCA audio/video cable adapter.
So, grab your Bluetooth transmitter and follow these steps to connect your AirPods to your old Samsung TV:
- Connect the cable adapter to the Bluetooth transmitter and plug it into the audio/video jack at the back of your Samsung TV (Sometimes, the jack is at the side or bottom panel.)
- Switch the Bluetooth dongle to the transmitter mode – TX.
- Press and hold the power button for about three seconds to switch it on.
- Now, grab your AirPods and open up the lid.
- Press the pairing button at the back of the case to enter the pairing mode.
- Then double-tap the power button of the Bluetooth transmitter to connect both devices automatically.
- Now, everything you watch on the TV will stream to the AirPods, and that’s how you can still enjoy high-quality audio while watching movies on your old Samsung TV.
How to Pair AirPods with non-Bluetooth Devices Using Bluetooth Adapters (Transmitters)
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How many models does AirPods have?
Answer: Five, but Apple still sells only four:
- AirPods 1st generation (discontinued) – the original true wireless earbuds.
- AirPods 2nd generation – slightly improved version launched in 2019.
- AirPods 3rd generation – the current version launched in 2021 that includes spatial audio capability.
- AirPods Pro – equipped with active noise cancellation technology, spatial audio, and wireless charging case.
- AirPods Max – luxurious over-ear headphones for a more immersive experience.
Question: What is Apple’s spatial audio technology?
Answer: Apple developed its spatial audio technology that features dynamic head tracking so that you can hear surround sound like what you can hear in the theater. When you watch a movie and pair the TV sound to your AirPods (available on AirPods 3rd-gen, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max only), it appears that the sound comes from the surrounding area, not just from one direction only.
Question: How to check AirPods battery life?
Answer: The easiest way is to ask Siri. Another method, if you pair it with your iPhone, you can pop up the lid of your AirPods charging case, and your iPhone will display the battery life of the AirPods and of the charging case.
If you have read this article, you should know how to connect AirPods to Samsung TV. Honestly, why would you want to connect an Apple device to a non-Apple device like Samsung TV? Why not? AirPods are one of the best earbuds in its class that combine hi-tech with practicality.
While Apple fans try to equip themselves with all Apple devices in every section, not all can afford such devices. There are many alternatives in the market capable of delivering similar quality or better at much lower prices. That’s why sometimes you need to use an Apple device with a non-Apple device, like Apple AirPods with your Samsung TV.