Bluetooth headphones are everywhere. Not only do they produce great sound, but you can also carry them around easily, especially the tiny earbuds. While the on-ear and over-ear headphones are larger (with large earcups), you get a more comfortable fit and better audio quality. However, both are getting more popular these days since most people hate conventional headphones that need wires to connect to devices.
If you’re one of those users who don’t use wires anymore, you’d need to set up the headphone connection via Bluetooth to your audio source device (like your TV). Some of you might not know how to connect Bluetooth headphones to Samsung smart TV. Luckily you have stumbled on this post which will guide you through the pairing process.
Most (if not all) Samsung Smart TVs are Bluetooth-enabled.
To connect Bluetooth headphones to a Samsung Smart TV, put your headphones into pairing mode. Then, on your TV, go to Settings > Sound > Sound Output > Bluetooth Speaker List (or just Speaker List). Select your headphones and wait for them to pair.
If your TV has Bluetooth, but it’s locked for some reason, you can unlock it from the Service Menu. To open the service menu, turn off your TV, wait a few seconds, and enter this sequence on a remote – MUTE > 1 > 8 > 2 > Power. From the Service Menu, you should enable Bluetooth, Voice Recognition, and Samsung Smart Control.
If your TV doesn’t feature Bluetooth connectivity, you can turn it into a Bluetooth-enabled TV by connecting a Bluetooth transmitter to one of the available audio outputs (AUX or Optical).
ARE SAMSUNG TVS BLUETOOTH-ENABLED?
Yes, most Samsung smart TVs, especially the newer models, have Bluetooth capability. Therefore, ensure your TV has Bluetooth to connect your headphone wirelessly.
HOW TO UNLOCK BLUETOOTH ON YOUR SAMSUNG SMART TV
If Bluetooth features do not come up on your Samsung TV, follow these steps to unlock Bluetooth support:
- You need to go into the service menu – meaning you must handle it with care. If you wrongly set it up, it may brick your TV, and it may not work anymore.
- Reset the TV to factory settings.
- If you go to Settings > Sound > Sound Output, you cannot find an option for Bluetooth Device.
- Now, turn off the TV using the remote.
- Wait for a few seconds, and press MUTE > 1 > 8 > 2 > Power. It will turn on the TV in the Service Menu.
- In the Service Menu, there are several sub-menus that allow for Bluetooth support.
- Go to Option > MRT Option.
- Then, switch on BT Support, Voice Recognition, and Samsung Smart Control.
- Go back to the main menu, and go to Engineer Option.
- Then, switch on BT_AUDIO.
- Exit the Service Menu by hitting the Off Button.
- Switch on the TV and try again by going to Settings > Sound > Sound Output. Now, you should see an option for Bluetooth Speaker List.
How to unlock Bluetooth on a Samsung TV
CONNECTING BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES TO SAMSUNG TV
Now let’s dive into the main topic and follow these simple steps to pair your headphones to your Samsung TV:
- Take your Samsung TV remote and press the Home button.
- Guide your cursor to the left and choose Settings.
- Then select Sound > Sound Output.
- Highlight the Sound Output option and hit the Enter button at the center of your remote.
- The Sound Output presents three options – TV speaker, Optical, and Bluetooth Speaker List. Select the last option, and you will see a list of adjacent Bluetooth speakers. Before selecting this option, engage Bluetooth pairing on your headphones.
- Look for your intended Bluetooth headphone and press Enter.
- You will see an option to Pair and connect. Press enter to connect.
- You will receive a confirmation once the devices are paired.
- Now you can listen to your TV via your Bluetooth headphones without turning on the TV’s speaker.
How to Effortlessly Connect Bluetooth headphones to a Samsung Smart TV
CONNECTING BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES TO SAMSUNG SMART TV WITHOUT BLUETOOTH
What if your Samsung Smart TV has no Bluetooth capability or you can’t unlock it? They say, “for every problem, there is a solution”. Luckily, in this instance, the solution is not that difficult. You just need to buy a Bluetooth dongle or transmitter.
Here’s how you can connect your Bluetooth headphones to your Samsung TV without Bluetooth capability:
- Connect the Bluetooth transmitter to your TV’s audio output port.
- Switch on the transmitter and your headphones.
- They will automatically connect to each other.
- It’s that easy – now, you can watch your TV with your Bluetooth headphones.
How to Connect and Set Up a Bluetooth Transmitter for TV
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Question: How to check if my Samsung TV has Bluetooth?
Answer: All Samsung TVs with smart remotes have Bluetooth capability. Basically, the remote needs to pair with your TV via Bluetooth. Alternatively, you can check if your Samsung TV has Bluetooth by going to the Settings Menu > Sound > Sound Output. You will see a screen that shows a few options. If there is an option to connect Bluetooth speakers, then your TV definitely has Bluetooth.
Question: Can I add Bluetooth to my Samsung TV?
Answer: Yes, you can add Bluetooth to your Samsung TV. Here are the steps to follow to accomplish that:
- Firstly, you need to buy a Bluetooth transmitter/dongle.
- Find an audio output port at the back or side panel of your TV.
- Connect the Bluetooth transmitter to that port.
- Power on the Bluetooth transmitter, engage pairing on both – your transmitter and your headphones and wait for them to pair.
Question: Can I pair wireless headphones to my Samsung TV without Bluetooth?
Answer: Yes, some smart TVs, including Samsung, don’t have Bluetooth built-in. But that doesn’t mean you cannot pair your wireless headphones to the Bluetooth-less TV. all you need is a Bluetooth transmitter. How do you pair them? Follow these easy steps to accomplish that:
- Plug in your Bluetooth dongle to the audio output port on your Samsung TV.
- Power on the Bluetooth dongle.
- Power on the wireless headphones and set them to pairing mode.
- The headphones and Bluetooth dongle will pair up automatically.
If you have Bluetooth headphones like many other people nowadays, you’d want to know how to connect them to your Samsung smart TV. If you’ve gone through this guide, you will appreciate how easy it is to connect the devices, even if your TV doesn’t have Bluetooth capability. Once paired, you can enjoy listening to whatever you want. The best part is you can wander about your home without missing anything (at least in terms of audio).