Sony is one of the most popular TV brands in the television market. Most of the televisions that are manufactured by Sony are high-end models that come with an array of premium features. Televisions manufactured by this brand are available in different sizes and viewing capabilities.
With the diverse nature of entertainment these days, it’s obvious that you would need a TV with viewing capabilities and features that match your entertainment needs. One of these features is Bluetooth connectivity.
But do Sony TVs come equipped with Bluetooth capabilities? A simplified answer to this question is Yes! If you’re looking for a Smart TV with all the bells and whistles, you’ll want to check out Sony’s line-up.
All of their Smart TV models come equipped with Bluetooth, meaning you can easily connect your favorite headphones, smart devices, and speakers. This puts Sony’s Smart TVs on par with other leading brands.
Most Sony smart TVs feature Bluetooth connectivity.
If your Sony TV doesn’t have Bluetooth built-in, you can add Bluetooth connectivity to your TV by connecting a Bluetooth transmitter to it.
To pair a Bluetooth device (headphones, speaker, etc.) to your Bluetooth-enabled Sony TV, open the settings and follow this path: Network & Accessories > Bluetooth Settings > Enable Bluetooth. Then, from Bluetooth Settings go to Connected Devices > Add Device.
How Can You Check If Your Sony Tv Has Bluetooth?
If you want to check whether your Sony TV has Bluetooth, you can look at the model support page. If it says that your TV supports A2DP, then it has Bluetooth.
You can also check if there is an [A/V sync] option in the TV settings section of the main menu. If there is an [A/V sync] option, then your TV has Bluetooth capabilities.
How to Connect Bluetooth Devices to Your Sony Tv?
There are many ways to connect your TV to audio devices, including wired and wireless options. Wireless connections, like Bluetooth, are convenient because they eliminate the need for extra cables.
Here’s a guide to connecting your Sony TV to a Bluetooth device.
- To use Bluetooth on your TV, you will first need to open the Bluetooth settings. To access the Bluetooth setting, go to the main menu and select Bluetooth settings from the Network & Accessories menu.
- Once you are in the Bluetooth settings, make sure that the toggle is in the “ON” position. Although your TV should be Bluetooth enabled by default, as it is also used to connect the microphone of your remote control to the TV, it is always a good idea to double-check.
- Now add devices. To pair your speaker or your mobile device to your TV, go to the Bluetooth menu section and select “Add device.” Ensure that you put the device you want to pair with your TV into pairing mode so it can be discovered by the TV.
- After you have selected “Add device” on your Sony TV, your TV will immediately start searching for new devices and displays them on the screen for you to choose from. Once it finds your preferred device, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing process.
- Assuming everything went well, your Bluetooth device should now appear under the list of connected devices. You can now use the newly paired device for TV audio whenever the TV and the paired audio device are powered on.
- If you now want to disconnect or unpair a device from your TV, simply select the device from the list of paired devices on your screen.
- When you have selected the desired device from the list of paired devices, you will then have the choice to unpair or disconnect it.
The disconnecting option retains the audio device information in the TV’s memory, but the audio device will not be used by the TV. This is a useful option, particularly when you intend to pair the audio to a different gadget, such as your mobile phone.
However, you can still reconnect your TV with your audio device without having to go through the pairing process from scratch.
On the converse, if you opt to unpair a device from your TV, you will no longer see it as an option to connect with.
This means that if you want to use the device again with your TV, you’ll have to go through the entire pairing process again. The unpairing option is preferred for devices that you are unlikely to use with the TV again.
Connecting Bluetooth Headphones to Your Sony Android TV
Connecting Bluetooth Devices to Older Sony Bravia TVs
Why My Sony TV Can Not Find Other Bluetooth Devices?
If your Sony TV isn’t connecting to any Bluetooth devices, there are a few things you can try out to fix the issue. First, check that the TV Bluetooth feature is turned on in the settings menu.
If the Bluetooth feature is not turned on, turn it on. If it is, try restarting your TV and the Bluetooth device you’re trying to connect. By doing this, you may be able to fix the problem.
You may also want to reset your TV to factory settings just to make sure that the Bluetooth issue is not caused by any previously made settings.
How to Reset a Sony Android TV to Factory Default Settings
Finally, if none of these solutions work, it is possible that your TV does not have the Bluetooth feature or that it is not compatible with the Bluetooth device you are trying to connect it to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How do I know if my Sony TV has Bluetooth?
Answer: To confirm whether your Sony TV has a Bluetooth feature, check if there is an A/V sync feature in the setting section of the main menu. If the A/V sync feature is available, then your TV has Bluetooth capabilities.
Question: How should I set up Bluetooth on my Sony TV?
- Open the TV’s setting section in the main menu.
- In the setting section, choose the remote followed by accessories.
- Once in the accessory section, select the Bluetooth setting.
- Under the Bluetooth setting, scroll to the paired accessories or Add device and select it. This section will put your Tv in Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Your TV will start searching for available Bluetooth devices. Once your preferred device is found, select it and pair your TV with it.
Question: How can I add Bluetooth to My TV?
Answer: You can add Bluetooth to your TV using a Bluetooth transmitter (if you want to connect Bluetooth headphones or a Bluetooth speaker). To successfully do this, find the audio output on your TV.
Use the audio output to connect the TV to the Bluetooth transmitter.
Once the two devices are successfully connected, put the Bluetooth transmitter and your Bluetooth headphones/speaker into pairing mode. Make sure that the Bluetooth transmitter has power, though.
Once everything is set, connect external devices to your TV with the help of a transmitter.
How to Add Bluetooth Connectivity to Your Non-Bluetooth TV Using a Bluetooth Transmitter
Question: Are all smart TVs Bluetooth?
Answer: Not all smart TVs have Bluetooth. The Bluetooth capabilities were first installed in showpiece TVs. However, as the competition stiffened among brands, manufacturers started including the Bluetooth feature in low-tier TV models as a way to outdo their competition in sales. However, most of today’s TVs have Bluetooth built-in.
Bluetooth is a handy feature in all Sony Smart TVs as it allows you to enjoy using other devices without needing a cable. However, it can be frustrating trying to connect other TVs to your Sony Smart TV without success.
We hope the solutions provided above have been useful in helping you connect your Bluetooth devices to your Smart TV successfully.
However, if you are still struggling to connect your Sony Smart TV to external devices using Bluetooth, restore your TV to the factory setting. If all fails, you may want to contact the Sony support team for expert assistance.